I just started reading some of my Vegas Blog Posts. My biggest takeaway was that I hadn’t written anything in this blog since November of 2015. What I didn’t understand about this process when I first thought of having a Vegas travel blog was that I would have to actually go to Las Vegas periodically to actually have anything to write, and that there wouldn’t just be an unlimited amount of stories and pictures from previous trips to sustain a travel blog. I also felt a bit sad when I didn’t have a Vegas trip planned in the foreseeable future, which also made my not want to write in this blog. So from November 2015 to February 2018, and why am I suddenly writing in this blog again?
Vegas Baby! Just got back from a 9 day trip. My longest ever! How do you survive 9 days in Vegas you ask? Comfy sneakers man…. comfy sneakers. Control your drinking, because you can’t possibly control your eating. I honestly stored enough food that I could easily hibernate for the rest of the winter. It was a family trip though. I had a 5 year old with me, and that limits the shenanigans somewhat.
I have a few new blog topics about a few new things I saw and did. Should sustain this poor blog for a few months. I’ll just leave you with a few random highlights, thoughts, pics and teasers.
- Spent a couple of nights in Boulder City for the Dam Short Film Festival where I had a short film selected to play there. That’s worthy of it’s own blog so stay tuned.
- Just because it’s winter in the Desert, and the temperatures are below 20 degrees (or 70 if you do Farenheit), don’t think that it’s not still incredibly dry there. Drink lots of water and bring lots of body lotion. You need that lotion dude!
- Downtown is coming up a bit since the last time I was there. The hipsters have opened some restaurants, and you know how that goes. Just don’t expect to take a cab to Fremont street at 1:30 am and have it not be toothless and gritty. Still though, the surrounding area is coming up a bit.
- Stayed at another time-share property. Best one yet. That’s worthy of it’s own blog too for you time share owners, or prospective time-share owners. I mean don’t buy a time-share property just for Vegas trips….. but if you need to burn a week every couple of years and don’t know where to go, Vegas has you covered.
- The food was good as per usual. Got to eat in a few new places as well as a few familiar ones. Broke the vacation rule of not eating in the same place twice so my wife could go to IN-N-OUT Burger on the first and last day of the trip. Probably should have had Gordon Ramsey’s Fish and Chips that day, but I was teetering on the brink of having a heart attack if I had another greasy meal (LOL, I know the fries at IN-N-OUT, but still, Fish & Chips is a double whammy).
- My 5 year old had a good time too, and says it was best vacation ever. He’s been to Vegas more times than most of you, but he rated it over Jamaica and Hawaii. Still he’s 5. He probably doesn’t remember Hawaii that well. People always ask me what you do with a 5 year old in Vegas. That’s probably worthy of it’s own blog too.